'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2' Gets 2016 Release Date!

Paramount wasted no time in announcing a June 3, 2016 release date for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 following the massive, $65 million haul for the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles this past weekend, propelling it to #1 over Guardians of the Galaxy and $29 million over the movie's tracking heading into the weekend.

You can likely expect a lot more of the same as screenwriters Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec are set to return as well as Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes as producers. No word yet on whether or not Jonathan Liebesman will be back to direct.

As far as casting, I would expect Megan Fox and Will Arnett will also be back, but there's no confirmation as far as actors and, to be honest, I can't remember what happened to William Fichtner's character at the end of the film... maybe he died and won't be back? I don't know...

The June 3, 2016 release puts the film up against Seth Rogen's R-rated, animated comedy Sausage Party and opens one week before Uncharted and one week after Alice In Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass and X-Men: Apocalypse.