Superman is finally putting in a little face time on Supergirl.

TVLine has learned that the drama’s forthcoming second season (now on The CW) will feature the introduction of Kara’s famous cousin, Superman. According to Warner Bros., “The iconic character of Superman will first be seen visiting his cousin Kara in National City at the beginning of the series’ second season.” Casting for the iconic role is underway.

In a statement, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said, “[Exec producers] Greg [Berlanti], Ali [Adler] and I are beyond thrilled to welcome Clark Kent and his slightly-more-famous alter ego to the world of Supergirl. Superman will be appearing in the first two episodes of the new season and we cannot wait to see who next dons the red cape!”
Tom Welling’s name will likely be bandied about as a potential Man of Steel, although the Smallville actor recently dismissed such buzz. “There are people who would like it, there are people who [wouldn’t] like it,” he told BuzzFeed in January. “But I will tell you that no one has ever actually asked me to do it. So I don’t know. It would be kind of odd. I don’t know who he is at that point. He would obviously be Superman.”

Superman made a handful of appearances during Season 1, but his face was never shown. Additionally, a young Kal-El (played by Daniel DiMaggio) turned up when Kara imagined herself back on pre-explosion Krypton.

Supergirl will be air Mondays at 8/7c this fall on The CW.