TV presenter Susannah Constantine revealed she has torn her intercostal muscle, which could thwart her chances of performing on this weekend's Strictly Come Dancing final.

The fashion guru, 57, who was the first star eliminated on this year's show, is set to return to the BBC ballroom stalwart on Saturday alongside her fellow celebrities to perform in a group dance.

However, Susannah has warned she may not be able to perform to her full potential alongside dance partner Anton Du Beke after she torn the muscle, which runs between the ribs.

She told Closer Magazine: "I have torn an intercostal muscle and it's incredibly painful because it's the muscle that holds the ribs together.

"Lots of people get it when they do Strictly. Kate Silverton has got the same injury and Stacey Dooley did it as well. It is quite common. You just have to wait for it to heal and I am still in recovery.

"I've said to Anton, 'You either have to carry me or I'm not going to move and I'm just going to stand there.' I can be like a maypole and everyone can dance around me."

The news comes after she revealed that her former Strictly co-stars are "wild" - and share "filthy" messages in the WhatsApp group.

Despite being the first voted off, she said that she is still very much involved with the group chat - and it is a far cry from the show's wholesome, family image.

Speaking to the Daily Star in November, Susannah revealed all on the cheeky, x-rated chats that are swapped between her fellow celebs and the professional dancers.

The fashion journalist dished: "I'd always imagined the pros would be quite dull because they always seem so composed and serious, but they are wild.

"They party like fiends and they're hilarious. We now all have a WhatsApp group together and it's pure filth."

Susannah went on to admit that the antics have inspired her to take out her former professional dance partner, ballroom pro Anton du Beke.

She explained: "I'd take him on a crawl of gay clubs with my friend Jake Shears of Scissor Sisters. To see Anton get on the dancefloor and stun everyone would be brilliant."