STRICTLY'S Karen Clifton has paid tribute to 'brilliant' estranged husband Kevin Clifton after his final win with Stacey Dooley.

The duo were married from September 2015 but have remained friends since their amicable split earlier this year.

Karen has praised her 'brilliant' estranged husband Kevin after he won Strictly with Stacey Dooley.

The 36-year-old Venezuelan dancer wrote on Instagram: “Our 2018 @bbcstrictly champions! @Keviclifton & @sjdooley.”

She added: "So proud and extremely happy for you guys.

"Kev - 5x finalist and you finally did it!! Your hard work, patience and pure brilliance paid off. So proud of you.

"Stacey - you are what Strictly is about girl!! My hero x Love you both."

The couple saw their romance rocked by the Strictly curse as rumours Kevin, 36, had crown close to his 2017 dance partner Louise Redknapp, 44.

But Karen had only the nicest things to say about Kevin and his 2018 Strictly dance partner, 31-year-old BBC investigative journalist Stacey.

It comes after Strictly fans sobbed as Karen ran on stage to congratulate Kevin when he won.

Karen was eliminated earlier in the competition when she and her celebrity partner, Casualty actor Charles Venn, 45, were voted out in 10th place.

But she re-joined the programme this evening when all the finalists, including Seann Walsh and Susannah Constantine, from this year’s series returned to perform.

Kevin burst into tears as he and television presenter Stacey Dooley, 31, were announced the victors.

And viewers were impressed that Karen ran over to praise Kevin, with one tweeting: “Seeing @Keviclifton finally win #strictly with @StaceyDooley brought a tear to my eye. They both fully deserve the glitterball. Kevin puts his heart and soul into his dancing and is the best teacher. I’m so pleased that @Karen_hauer congratulated him at the end. #teamclifton.

Another wrote: “That was very sweet when Karen ran on to congratulate Kevin. Melted my cold black heart #Strictly #scd.”