STRICTLY champion Stacey Dooley has denied being a diva — but admitted she feared the show’s judges had ruined her chances of winning.

Stacey, 31, has been dogged by reports about her backstage antics.

Insiders claimed the BBC3 documentary maker had become difficult to work with. In one incident last week ordering Strictly staff to buy her a new outfit after she arrived at an 8am radio interview.

Stacey, who was paired with pro dancer Kevin Clifton, 36, insisted she had no idea what sparked the claims. She instead wanted to "celebrate Kevin and I's night."

But she revealed she thought her Glitterball Trophy chances were shot after the judges’ scores put her last.

She got 114 points for her three dances while Faye Tozer, 43, and Ashley Roberts, 37, both had perfect scores of 120 and Joe Sugg, 27, got 116.

However the public vote decided her the winner - to Stacey's shock.

She said: “I wasn’t really entertaining the thought of winning. I didn’t think it was possible. It just shows that people at home are enjoying what we’re trying to do.

“You have to put the extra hours in if you’re not up to scratch with everyone else.”

Kevin, who earlier this year divorced Karen Clifton, 36, another show pro, said of the win: “We didn’t think we had a chance.”

He said: “After a slightly tough year I’ve had such a good time. I’ve loved Strictly. Stace has been a joy from day one.”

Meanwhile, Stacey, who arrived home in Brighton yesterday with boyfriend Sam Tucknott, 30, has been tipped to host The One Show when Alex Jones, 41, takes maternity leave next year.

She said: “I haven’t had that conversation.

“Alex is a good pal I’m delighted for her with her news.”

A peak of 12.7million watched the final, the highest this series on the BBC1 show.