Following his work on the 2013 film Side Effects, Steven Soderbergh hasn't directed another major motion picture. However, the esteemed director may be coming out of film-directing retirement, according to various reports.

A number of outlets, including Variety, The Hollywood Reporter and Deadline have all heard that Soderbergh may return to the director's chair for a new film starring Channing Tatum. However, there are few discrepancies among the reports. Both Variety and Deadline claim Soderbergh is directing, while THR says it's not yet known if he's on board to direct or just produce.

Variety claims the film will be called Lucky Logan, while Deadline says it's titled Logan Lucky. Additionally, Variety reported that Matt Damon would co-star but has since pulled that information. Meanwhile, Deadline claims Michael Shannon is involved.

In light of the confusion, Soderbergh has taken to Twitter to discredit Variety's reports, which have been amended multiple times:

That Variety story is wrong. What a shock.

— Bitchuation (@Bitchuation) February 4, 2016

Rest assured, all will be revealed when I give my exclusive, no-holds-barred interview with CATSTER magazine. You think I'm kidding.

To be clear: Facts are SO twentieth century...

"Yeah, good, let's run with this Soderbergh movie thing..." pic.twitter.com/lS9dKZ61VI

While it's been a few years since Soderbergh has directed a film, he's been involved in a number of recent movies as producer, including Citizenfour and Magic Mike XXL, not to mention his work on the small screen with The Knick.