SOPHIE Kasaei has been axed as a full time cast member of Geordie Shore as part of a massive cast shake up.

The 29-year-old is one of the hit MTV show’s original stars and found fame after appearing on the first series of the show back in 2011.

Insiders revealed other names are also up for the chop but that talks were still ongoing.

A source explained: “It’s one of the biggest shake ups they’d had in a long time and this time Sophie’s head was on the block.

“She has been told she’s taking a supporting role in the next series and will only be appearing on screen at certain points throughout the series.

“When they go into lock-down in the house at the start of January, Sophie won’t be living with them.”

Chloe Ferry and Sam Gowland will return to the show when it starts filming again early next year.

Sophie is one of Geordie Shore’s best loved characters but her journey hasn’t been without it’s dramas.

In 2013 she was sacked from the show after allegedly using racist language.

She denied the claims and when she returned to the show last year said she was left heartbroken after being given the boot.

Sophie added: “Of course I am not a racist and to have been mistakenly labelled as one was devastating.

“I paid the ultimate price and lost my place on the show. Those three years were the hardest in my life, I went on a downward spiral and was really unhappy.

“But I learnt my lesson and have moved forward, so for my sake I hope that people drop it now and can remember the bubbly bundle of fun that I was on the show in the first place.

MTV were unavailable for comment when contacted by The Sun Online.