More like Batman v Snoozy-man: Dawn of Nap Time, am I right? Michael Shannon has a bit part in Zack Snyder's blockbuster behemoth, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. He continues to play General Zod, his character from Man of Steel, only now, he's a corpse who's eventually analyzed by Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg). However, when Shannon finally sat down to watch the final cut of the movie, he likely didn't make it all the way until his scenes, because he says he fell asleep:

People ask me about this all the time. Okay, I'll tell you the god's honest truth. Zack [Snyder] is gonna kill me for this -- he's gonna kill me. I watched it once and I fell asleep. ... I was on an international flight and I was tired. ... I shouldn't have been watching it on a plane. But I never go to the movies anymore! I don't have time to see anything. I used to go to the movies all the time when I was 20 years old and wasn't working 10 days a week.

This is a fun story. Mainly because it says more about how busy Michael Shannon stays, meaning he barely has time to WATCH the movie that he makes because he's usually off to make his next one. And when it comes to Batman v Superman, yeah, he wasn't going to spend too much effort trying to catch up with it, because he likely knew he'd barely be in it. As mentioned, he's a corpse lying on a table, until the scene where Lex Luthor brings him into a mysterious alien goo, to help ... upload him into a Kryptonian analysis chamber? I'm falling asleep just thinking about it.

But Michael Shannon's got a lot on his plate. The reason he was speaking with Fandango in the first place is because he's actively promoting his work in Loving, Nocturnal Animals and Frank & Lola. He's in pre-production on Horse Soldiers, and he has four more movies on his radar, according to IMDB.

And yet, deep down, don't you kind of just love the image of Michael Shannon, in an airplane seat, sleeping soundly while Zack Snyder's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice plays on the tiny monitor in front of him. If someone had snapped that photo, it would have gone viral in an instant. And really, we have to give Shannon all of the credit in the world for admitting such a thing on the record. It's not a dismissal of the movie. It's not a true dig (more of a semi-dig). And he's friendly enough with Snyder to be able to get away with admitting it. This really is my favorite story of the day. (And I love BvS: Dawn of Justice! So there's that...)