SINGING cleric Father Ray Kelly has revealed he is finished with TV talent shows.

The 59-year-old, who wowed Simon Cowell on Britain’s Got Talent, said he won’t be entering the second season of Ireland’s Got Talent after being approached to tale part in series one.

Father Ray told us:”I was scouted for Ireland’s Got Talent but I had committed to Britain’s Got Talent so I couldn’t do anything with them.

“But I won’t be entering Ireland’s Got Talent this season, or any other talent shows because I’m done BGT, got a better reaction than I ever expected, so I’m not really interested in other shows.

“From now on I’m going to stick to being a priest.”

However, the curate, from Oldcastle in Co Meath, who became a YouTube sensation in 2014 singing “Hallelujah” at a wedding ceremony went viral, said he will continue to perform around the country with his phone constantly ringing with invitations to sing.

He said: “You can be wrecked at the end of the day and not in the mood to go anywhere.

“But, the moment you put on that suit and step out on stage, this wonderful feeling takes over when I start singing.

“Then I remember why I love doing this.”

Having released two albums for a major label, Fr Ray has revealed he plans to put out a third album but on his own label with the help of fans.

Fr Ray told us: “I’ve been approached by some songwriters from Germany and the idea would be a collection of songs themed around hope.

“I don’t have a record deal so we’ll be recording and putting it out ourselves.”

The ballad Everybody Hurts is sure to be included, after the Meath priest reinvented the REM song for a new generation to the extent that Nathan Carter performed it for Pope Francis during his visit and it recently helped contestant Brendan Murray through the dreaded six chair challenge in the X Factor.

Fr Ray said: “I heard Brendan doing Everybody Hurts and I think he has a lovely voice.

“I hope he goes all the way. I never stopped being a priest or my parish work during Britain’s Got Talent but, from now on, it’s my number one.”

Spotify plays of REM’s Everybody Hurts doubled in the UK and Ireland last April when Fr Ray performed it on Britain’s Got Talent.

Since then it has clocked up nearly ten million hits.