So does this mean we’ll be seeing Bryan Singer’s “X-Men” boys and girls matching powers with the rebooted First Family of Superheroes in the near future? It’s entirely possible — and probably very likely, if Simon Kinberg and Fox have their way.

The studio has officially hired “X-Men” writer Simon Kinberg to be their point man in an attempt to grab some of that sweet, sweet fanboy cash Marvel has been grabbing like grabbing is going out of style with their Marvel Cinematic Universe. I guess when even a wonky superhero like Thor opens to a gazillion dollars, you’d have to be a total dumbass not to sit up and take notice. (Right, studio suits at Fox and Warner?)

So what’s the going idea here? We’re told that this new deal for Kinberg will “allow him to expand those franchises into full-blown universes, with the hope of creating for Fox something akin to the Marvel model of interlocking movies.”

And just in case that wasn’t on the nose enough, Kinberg tells THR:

I have a lot of ideas on how to built those brands and do what everybody is thinking of these days: Be like Marvel. I want to be able to build stories over multiple movies.

Well, at least he’s not beating around the bush about it.

Curiously, I wonder what this means for Mark Millar. As you’ll recall, there was big news not all that long ago when the Scottish comic book writer of “Kick-Ass” and “Nemesis” was given a similar sounding title/position to Kinberg within Fox. Has Kinberg now usurped Millar as Fox’s world-builder? Or is Millar still running around somewhere back there “consulting”?

Fox’s new swanky movie world started this year with James Mangold’s “The Wolverine”, will continue with Bryan Singer’s “X-Men: Days of Future Past”, and, one of these days, that Fantastic Four reboot and, we were just told, “X-Men: Apocalypse” in 2016, also by Singer.