KBcOLZg.jpg

"You know, you really have no choice. I always get what I want," the classic Jeremy Irons villain tells the lioness.

There are a number of deleted and extended scenes featured on The Lion King: The Walt Disney Signature Collection Blu-ray, but one in particular is uncomfortable and makes Scar even more vile than he already was in the film.

The extra scenes — which were all recorded by the actors, but only storyboarded — are introduced by directors Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff, who explain all the cut material "didn't quite make it into the movie" and "sometimes it needs a little more work."

The other scenes are cute and match the tone of the film, but the Scar and Nala moment is out of left field.

It begins in Scar's (Jeremy Irons) cave, the villain asking Zazu (Rowan Atkinson) why he is not beloved in the kingdom, to which his majordomo says it is because, unlike his brother, Mufasa (James Earl Jones), he is a poor ruler and has no family or queen to love him.

"A queen! We'll have cubs, little Scars running all over the place. I will be immortal!" the evil lion announces.

Right at that moment, Nala (Moira Kelly) comes along to speak with Scar.

"Ahh, Nala, your timing couldn't be more perfect. Do come in," Scar says. "That will be all, Zazu."

"Don't you think I should stay?" Zazu asks. To which Scar snaps, "That will be all!"

Before leaving, the red-billed hornbill whispers to Nala, "Give a roar if you need anything."

The scene continues with Scar beckoning the young lioness closer, telling her he does not bite.

Nala, the childhood best pal of Simba (Matthew Broderick), came to Scar's cave to tell him his kingdom is in complete disarray and something needs to be done to fix all the problems. That is when Scar begins to sing about needing a mate, which includes the line "My cylinders are firing with fervor and you, my sweet thing, fit the part."

As he is singing, Scar continues to back her into a corner until there is nowhere to go, then he puts his front paws up near her head to pin her in. At that point, Nala slaps him. Scar begins to chuckle as he feels his cheek. "Oh, Nala, Nala, Nala. You know, you really have no choice. I always get what I want." the evil lion says.

Nala quickly leaves the cave and is joined by the other lionesses outside the entrance. Scar comes out and announces he has chosen Nala as his queen. "Either be my queen or be forever banished from the Pride Lands," he warns.

She refuses and Scar uses his "executive staff," a group of hyenas, to chase her off.

The Lion King: The Walt Disney Signature Collection Blu-ray is available now.

Source