Fox's comedy pilot Adam & Eve has found the second of its title stars.

Veronica Mars and Party Down alum Ryan Hansen will play Adam in the decades-spanning show from 20th Century Fox TV and creator Jon Beckerman (Ed, The Late Show With David Letterman). He joins the previously cast Odette Annable, who will play Eve.

Based on a French-Canadian format, Adam & Eve follows a couple at three stages of their relationship: young and passionate; married with kids; and navigating retirement. The show aims to ask such big questions as: What makes a marriage last? Do people really ever change? And after 40 years together, why can't we pick a place for dinner without it becoming a "thing"?

Beckerman will executive produce with Claude Meunier and Luc Wiseman of Avanti Groupe. Claire Scanlon (GLOW, Brooklyn Nine-Nine) is directing the pilot.

Hansen played Dick Casablancas on Veronica Mars, a role he reprises on Hulu's upcoming eight-episode revival (which has wrapped production). He also stars in and produces the YouTube series Ryan Hansen Solves Crimes on Television, while other recent credits include Teachers; a guest role on Fresh Off the Boat; and, coincidentally, a guest spot on CBS' Me, Myself and I, which had a similar three-stages-of-life premise.