Jedi Masters and Sith Lords stay up late, right? At midnight ET on Sunday, tickets for "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" went on sale. Then there was a great disturbance in the internet, as if millions of fans were crying out and rushing for the same ticket websites, and were suddenly silenced.
Statue of Liberty Tickets | StatueOfLibertyTickets.com
StatueOfLibertyTickets.com
AdBook Statue of Liberty Ferry Tickets Now! Save Time. Avoid Lines.
Statue of Liberty Tours
Visit Ellis Island
The official Star Wars Twitter account announced the news right at midnight, and within one minute the tweet had been liked more than 300 times.

Follow
Star Wars ✔ @StarWars
Deep breaths. Tickets are now on sale for #RogueOne: A Star Wars Story. http://strw.rs/2gMp9im
12:00 AM - 28 Nov 2016
3,746 3,746 Retweets 6,235 6,235 likes
Fans were maybe a little excited.

Follow
What?! @jppmntl09
@StarWars
1 1 Retweet 9 9 likes

Follow
Chris Chenard @sixchr
@StarWars
1 1 Retweet 20 20 likes
Some on social media complained that internet infrastructure still was not ready for the demand of such an anticipated movie. I tested the Fandango ticket site 15 minutes after tickets went on sale and saw an error message. Trying again two minutes later gave me a message that I was in line with a wait of only one minute, then took me to the Fandango ticket site for my local theater (though many of the reserved seats in choice locations were already sold).

Other fans had worse experiences than mine, and weren't afraid to tweet about them.

Follow
Jenn Pattinbrev ➰ @Jaybunzy0
Ughhh my @AMCTheatres doesn't have #RogueOne tickets up yet... the stress!!! @StarWars
12:08 AM - 28 Nov 2016
1 1 Retweet 14 14 likes

Follow
Jenn Pattinbrev ➰ @Jaybunzy0
And now that it's up I can't select times... #RogueOne @AMCTheatres @StarWars
12:17 AM - 28 Nov 2016
1 1 Retweet 8 8 likes
Follow
Master Valo @kasts_echo
@StarWars the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of fans to bring down Fandango #RogueOne
12:15 AM - 28 Nov 2016
3 3 Retweets 4 4 likes
Although some experienced the sweet, interstellar smell of success.

Follow
Dustin Coleman @Dustingcoleman
@StarWars TFW when you just got great seats for #RogueOne on opening night!
12:25 AM - 28 Nov 2016
1 1 Retweet 3 3 likes
"Rogue One" is the first Star Wars spinoff movie and takes place between "Episode III: Revenge of the Sith" and "Episode IV: A New Hope." We review its trailers here and here (warning: spoilers).

"Rogue One" officially opens Dec. 16, with preview shows the night of Dec. 15.