Hannibal star Mads Mikkelsen says he is, in fact, not playing a villain in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

When Mikkelsen's casting in the prequel to A New Hope was revealed at D23 Expo, many folks assumed he was playing a villain given how many bad guys he's portrayed in the past. The Danish actor chatted with the paper Ekstra Bladet about his role in the Gareth Edwards-directed film.

"It is a very important role, as much I can say," Mikkelsen said (via StarWars7News.com and /Film), adding, "No, my character is actually not a bad guy, and then I can not say more. I can also say that the movie will be shot in Iceland and England. And the filming will last for three months."

Mikkelsen's comments come on the heels of Nerdist's speculation that Mikkelsen could be playing Imperial Admiral Montferrat.

In addition to Mikkelsen, Rogue One also stars Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Ben Mendelsohn, Donnie Yen, Jiang Wen, Forest Whitaker, Alan Tudyk, and Riz Ahmed. Filming is currently underway.

Rogue One tells the story of resistance fighters who have united to steal plans to the dreaded Death Star.