RICH House Poor House viewers were left baffled this evening, after the "emotional" episode "led [them] down the garden path".

Fans took to Twitter to express their views after the heart-wrenching episode wasn't all what it seemed.

In this week's episode, the Emmotts and the Blakes swap homes and budgets for one week.

Both from Surrey and living just 12 miles apart, their financial circumstances couldn't be more different.

While the Emmotts live in a four-bedroom house in Epsom and pay for weekly sports and music lessons for their kids, single mum Niki Blake lives in a tiny flat in Addlestone with her two children Mia and JJ.

While the Emmotts have a whopping £1,300 to spend after bills and mortgage, Niki struggles to get by on just £125 per week.

During the episode, Niki's friend revealed that the single mum had once lived in Honduras with Mia, JJ and their father.

But after living in fear over crime in the country, Niki made the difficult decision to return to the UK, leaving her husband behind.

And viewers became emotional after the Emmotts begin looking into the cost of a visa application for Niki's husband.

One viewer tweeted at the start of the episode, hoping the family would help financially.

"I REALLY hope the rich fam help pay for the visa!" They wrote.

As the episode continued, viewers took to Twitter to voice their concerns, explaining they'd been "lead down the garden path" after it was revealed Niki is no longer with her husband.

"For Scott and I the relationship is over, there's no coming back from any of this.

"I'll always love him because he'll always be their Dad."

One user wrote: "Oh, she don't want the father, she wants someone new" while another said "Ohh! That's disappointing. Thought she wanted Mr Nikki here to be her husband again, and for the kids to have their father back.

"No point in a visa now, I guess, if she says her marriage is over and wants to meet someone new."

One user wasn't happy that the programme was "going on about the visa" while another said "I think we were rather lead down the garden path with that one...I bet some soft hearts feel rather silly now."

Rich House Poor House is on Thursdays, 9PM on Channel 5.

You can catch up on tonight's episode at Channel5.com.