As ABC’s drama draws to a close, the actor speaks with TheWrap about what to expect Sunday and what’s next
ABC’s “Revenge” wraps it’s 4-year run on Sunday, which for fans marks the end of Emily VanCamp‘s roller coaster ride as Amanda Clarke/Emily Thorne.

Viewers have watched VanCamp plot her vengeance against Victoria Grayson (Madeline Stowe) as she sought justice for father David Clarke’s (James Tupper) false conviction and subsequent fake death.

But amidst all the deaths, heartache and destruction as Amanda crossed enemies off her hit list with a red marker, at the heart of the show was Amanda’s childhood soulmate Jack Porter played by Nick Wechsler.

As the series’ ending draws near, fans are anxiously awaiting to see whether or not Amanda and Jack will finally get a storybook ending to their relationship that began on a Hamptons beach as children.

On the eve of the show’s closer, the very charming actor talks about what fans can expect from Sunday’s finale, favorite moments, Jack’s highs and lows and how why he felt he failed himself at times during the show’s run.

Nick Wechsler:

It means not having a great job to go to every day. It means not going to work with my friends and my family, and that’s a bummer. I’m not one for adoration; I get uncomfortable with the fan dynamic, although I appreciate the support, but I am going to miss interacting with the fans, seeing their response, and hearing from people who really connect with it.

You will get some surprises, and you will get some traction on Jack and Emily. It feels like a good way to end.

I personally had some ideas that I wish we could’ve seen happen, but it’s not my show. Network TV has to answer to many people, and there are only certain things you can do. My ideas were too… something… too off-putting. I would’ve felt more satisfied if it would have been a darker ending.

I’ll say there is a little brightness [in the finale]. It should satisfy a lot of people.