Ridley Scott's upcoming sequel to Prometheus has reportedly been retitled Alien: Covenant.

The film, which last we heard was officially titled Alien: Paradise Lost, was recently discussed by Scott at the AFI Film Festival (via Indiewire). Instead of calling the movie Alien: Paradise Lost in his discussion, however, the director casually referred to the film by a new name, Alien: Covenant.

"I’ve got no plan. I go from pillar to post randomly," Scott said of his project schedule, going on to explain how the opportunity to work on The Martian sidetracked him from moving forward on Alien: Covenant.

"I was going to be doing what will be called Alien: Covenant, which starts shooting next February, and we were struggling then with the screenplay there and then there was a phone call, somebody saying, ‘Listen, we’ve got this thing which is completely written called 'Martian,' and I said, 'Huh.' And I sped read it in an hour and by mid-afternoon, I talked to Fox and said, 'I need to talk to ‘Drew [Goddard]...'" he added.

A proper fifth installment in the Alien franchise was set to be helmed by District 9 director Neill Blomkamp, but has since been put on hold, presumably in favor of Scott's sequel to Prometheus.