Edward James Olmos has been completely cut from Shane Black's The Predator. Olmos had been cast in the movie back in March as a Military General, but now it looks like he won't be appearing at all.

The Predator has had a rough production, to say the least. The film was first announced back in 2014, and the release date has been pushed back several times since. The film has also gone through several sessions of reshoots. It also took longer than usual for the first trailer to be released, and even when it was, fans didn't seem overly pleased with the look of the new film. Black even admitted that the original ending of the film had to be reshot because it wasn't scary enough. More reshoots began last week, even though the film is set to be released in a little more than a month. While the massive reshoots are troubling enough, characters are now being cut from the film.

As first reported by Slash Film, Olmos won't be appearing in The Predator as previously planned. When asked about his role in the film Olmos commented, "I'm not in the show though. It was too long so my character, they had to take me out. They were like half an hour, 3/4 of an hour too long. So I understand why". Olmos himself doesn't seem to be terribly disappointed by the news, but fans of his previous work such as Battlestar Galactica and Blade Runner certainly will be.

Since 30-45 minutes of the film are being chopped out, Olmos may not be the only character who gets cut out of the final product. With this much footage being removed, it's likely that other minor characters will be left on the cutting room floor as well. Despite concerns fans may be having about The Predator, the crew already seems to be praising the film. At San Diego Comic-Con, Trevante Rhodes, who plays the character Williams, commended stunt actor Brian Prince for his work inside the Predator suit. Producer John Davis has also mentioned that The Predator sets up two sequels, and that he wants Shane Black to return for both entries. When it comes to sequels however, it all depends on how well The Predator does at the box office.

The Predator stands as a sequel/reboot to the Predator franchise. The extra-terrestrials have been a focal point for five movies, including Predator, Predator 2, AVP: Alien vs. Predator, Aliens vs Predator: Requiem, and Predators. Besides the first film, the Predator movies haven't gotten much critical praise, which Black is no doubt trying to fix with this latest effort. It won't be too much longer before fans find out if he succeeded.

Release Date:

. The Predator (2018) release date: Sep 14, 2018