PIERS Morgan has revealed he was forced to go to hospital with “man flu” hours after Dr Hilary Jones told him on GMB that he was “over the worst”.

The Good Morning Britain presenter has been under the weather for over a week, something he hasn’t let viewers forget.

Yesterday, ITV GP Doctor Hilary Jones was called up by show bosses to try and help assess Piers’ flu.

But just hours later, Piers was forced to go to hospital, where he finally found out what was wrong with him.

Speaking on today’s show, Piers, 53, said: “Doctor Hilary yesterday diagnosed me and said ‘Don’t worry you’re over the worst’

“I ended up in hospital yesterday and got diagnosed with bronchitis, laryngitis and Sinusitis. Thanks Hilary.”

On Tuesday’s show, Piers confessed he was a “sweaty mess” and had chest pain and difficulties breathing after contracting two viruses.

Dr Hilary was patched in and assessed Piers, after he groaned: “Ten days into the cold I’ve come out with these terrible sweats all morning.

“Is it the expulsion of demons or could it be the beginning of the end?”

Dr Hilary replied: “It’s run its course, you’ve been suffering from an upper respiratory tract infection.

By soldiering on it probably kept the virus going a little bit. You are over the worst of it though.

“It doesn’t normally last several weeks, but at this time of year it’s not unusual.”

Later in today’s show, Piers joked he had “broken a rib” after letting out a massive sneeze during a discussion about Jose Mourinho being sacked by Manchester United.