Many people are looking forward to the upcoming Lord of the Rings TV show, and director Peter Jackson is one of them. It was revealed near the end of 2017 that Warner Bros. Television was developing a Lord of the Rings series. Soon after, Amazon Studios took over the project with a multi-season commitment.

Jackson has been involved with a number of films over his career, including Dead Alive, the 2005 remake of King Kong, as well as the famous Lord of the Rings trilogy. Even though Jackson often produces films, he directed the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy as well as three Hobbit movies, which stood as prequels to the original films. The original three movies won a total of 17 Academy Awards, with The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King winning 11 of them. While the prequel trilogy still did well with fans, it wasn't as highly praised as the Lord of the Rings movies. But while more tales from Middle Earth are coming to fans, Jackson won't be involved with the TV show; yet he's excited to watch it himself.

When speaking with ComicBook at New York Comic Con 2018, Jackson explained that he has no problem letting someone else adapt more of J. R. R. Tolkien's stories. Jackon said, "I'm kind of looking forward to it. I was a guy who didn't get to see the Lord of the Rings like everybody else because I had to make it, so I'm looking forward to seeing somebody else's take on the Tolkien world."

While the television show is clearly on its way, not a whole lot is known about it just yet. The plot is still a mystery, but previous reports claimed that the show may focus on a young Aragorn. It's still unknown if any of the original cast members will be included in any form of the show; however, it has been confirmed that Andy Serkis (Gollum) will not be apart of the Lord of the Rings series. With screenwriters JD Payne and Patrick McKay recently being hired, fans could expect an official synopsis once Amazon approves their story.

It may be disappointing that Jackson won't be involved with the prequel TV series, but fans should be able to understand that he has done plenty for Tolkien's stories already. With the two trilogies Jackson directed, fans have around 20 hours of Lord of the Rings material to stay occupied with until the new series debuts sometime in the future.