A couple of years ago, the news first arrived that Paramount TV had set up a Galaxy Quest TV series adaptation at Amazon. After a few hiccups, not much has happened, but comedian, producer and actor Paul Scheer is now taking over the writing reins for the show.
While things seemed to be moving along with writer Robert Gordon (who was one of the scribes on the movie itself), problems began over casting the original stars, and that was compounded by the tragic death of Alan Rickman in January 2016.
Now Scheer, according to Deadline, has a new take, and there's no indication yet of whether the likes of Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver or Tony Shalhoub would be involved. "Without giving much away, I don’t think there has ever been a better time to continue the Galaxy Quest story with the explosion and popularity of sci-fi films in recent years," Scheer tells Deadline. "To be able to create and be a part of this world is just mind-blowing, and I’m approaching this truly as what I’d like to see as a fan."
Scheer currently splits his time between the shows such as US sitcom Fresh Off The Boat and Veep. He's also the host of the fun movie podcast How Did This Get Made?

Source