The studio has also carved out slots for 'Micronauts' and an untitled Hasbro film.

Paramount on Monday played the release dating game, with the studio carving out territory for four tentpoles.

A film simply titled G.I. Joe will hit theaters March 27, 2020. The studio previously released two films based on the Hasbro property: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009) and G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013). The year 2020 will apparently be a Hasbro year, as the studio has also set Micronauts to open seven months later on Oct. 16, 2020. The toy property follows a race of alien warriors from an alternate dimension that's microscopic. Additionally, Paramount has carved out a July 23, 2021, date for Dungeons & Dragons, based on the tabletop role-playing game, and set aside Oct. 1, 2021, for an untitled Hasbro event film.

In 2015, The Hollywood Reporter broke the news that Paramount and Hasbro's Allspark Pictures were building a shared universe based on five Hasbro concepts — G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionaries, M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) and ROM, assembling a writers room to hammer out the details. The two G.I. Joe films earned a combined $678.2 million worldwide.

The studio has had massive commercial success with its Transformers series, which has earned $4.3 billion worldwide. Its latest installment, Transformers: The Last Knight, opened this year and garnered $605.4 million worldwide, the lowest of the five films. Paramount has the spinoff Bumblebee due out Dec. 21, 2018.

As for Dungeons & Dragons, Jeremy Irons appeared in an ill-fated 2000 adaptation for New Line Cinema. More recently, the property became embroiled in a legal battle over who had the rights to make a film based on it, with a 2015 settlement appearing to pave the way for Warner Bros. to move ahead with a long-gestating project. As recently as last year, Warners was developing a project, with Ansel Elgort in early talks to star. However, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the property is no longer with the studio.