He previously served as exec vp and head of theatrical marketing for Disney Animation Studios and Pixar.

Paramount Pictures has named David Sameth as its new president of worldwide marketing.

Sameth, who will join the studio Feb. 1, comes to Paramount from Disney, where he has held the post of executive vp and head of theatrical marketing for Disney Animation Studios and Pixar.

Reporting to Paramount chairman and CEO Jim Gianopulos, Sameth will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of all marketing and advertising strategies for the studio's global theatrical releases.

“David is an incredibly talented, visionary marketer who has created some of the most iconic and successful campaigns in our industry’s recent history,” Gianopulos said Thursday in announcing the appointment. “He has experience launching an array of films from big franchises to small, specialized endeavors, and everything in between. His insights, experience and reputation make him a very welcome addition to our team.”

Sameth will take over some of the responsibilities previously handled by Megan Colligan, who had served as Paramount's president of worldwide marketing and distribution until leaving the studio in November.

Sameth, who joined Disney in 2009 and was upped to his current title in 2014, oversaw marketing for such films as Toy Story 3, Tangled, The Muppets, Brave, Wreck-It Ralph, Monsters University, Frozen, Big Hero 6, Inside Out, Zootopia, Finding Dory, Moana, and the current Coco.

“While it is with sadness that I leave the Disney family I’ve come to know and love, and which has provided me with amazing opportunities and projects over the last nine years, it is with great anticipation that I look forward to the next chapter at Paramount," said Sameth. "Exciting challenges and great things await all those there, and under Jim’s leadership, I can’t think of a more exciting place to be.”

Prior to his stint at Disney, Sameth served as head of creative advertising at DreamWorks SKG, where his campaigns included both live-action films like Gladiator and American Beauty and animated films like the Shrek movies. While at DreamWorks, he also served as second unit director on the Steven Spielberg miniseries Taken.

Sameth began his career at Universal Pictures, where he created the advertising campaigns for Field of Dreams, Do the Right Thing, Jurassic Park and Schindler’s List.