Game of Thrones has killed off a ton of characters over the years in a variety of brutal ways. Some deaths are more predictable than others, and there are usually hints in the episodes leading up to an especially big death that the end is coming for a certain character. A major played died in the Season 7 finale when Littlefinger was executed by none other than Arya Stark. As it turns out, actor Aidan Gillen predicted the manner of Littlefinger's death a while ago. In the aftermath of the Season 7 finale, Gillen shared this story about how he predicted his character biting the dust:

"Well, I did an interview with a publication [in 2015] and they asked me how I thought I would go. I said I thought Arya would deliver the blow. So it was as promised. And even within the scene, as soon as he walks in that room and Arya produces the dagger he knows the game is up. He at least suspected the game was up back in episode four when Bran told him, 'Chaos is a ladder.' For Bran to come up with that is beyond coincidental. That's when the ground started to shift beneath my feet. At that point, I knew the things I've done in private are not necessarily private."