Elizabeth Olsen comments on Scarlet Witch's return to the MCU. Debuting in Avengers: Age of Ultron, Wanda Maximoff has mostly functioned as a supporting character in the franchise during the Infinity Saga. But things might be turning around for her as she officially becomes the Scarlet Witch in MCU Phase 4.

There was a lot of excitement surrounding Wanda's MCU debut, considering how interesting, not to mention powerful, the hero is in Marvel Comics. It took a while for Marvel Studios to start capitalizing on that, since much of the franchise's focus was on the original Avengers, particularly Iron Man and Captain America. Now that the Infinity Saga is done, the universe is shifting its focus to second-generation characters like her, which means she has become a bigger player in its storytelling moving forward. After WandaVision, Wanda returned to the big screen as the villain in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, though her fate by the end of that film was very much left hanging.

Now, Olsen addresses when fans can expect her to re-emerge in the MCU. In her latest appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, the actor talks to host Jimmy Fallon about her run as Scarlet Witch thus far in the MCU, including her outing in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. When asked when the public will see her back in the franchise, Olsen says she truly doesn't know, but she sure hopes she can do more. Read her full quote below:

I hope so, they don't tell me anything about my fate... I don't know. I should come back. But I really don't know... I would love to do more.

For context, at the end of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse, it seems like Scarlet Witch sacrificed herself. Despite that, however, there wasn't any doubt that she survived the ordeal. Aside from Marvel Studios' penchant for fake deaths, it was unlikely that the character would meet her end just like that, considering that her true arc in the universe is just starting. For what it's worth, Marvel Studios producer Richie Palmer has recently affirmed this, calling Scarlet Witch MCU Phase 4's crown jewel.

Given Marvel's budding multiverse, it makes sense that Wanda is sticking around. As one of the few MCU characters who are well-versed in the concept, she could help the rest of the franchise navigate the situation, assuming that she begins her redemption arc following her terrorizing stint in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Aside from that, the impending arrival of the X-Men in the MCU is another indication that Scarlet Witch will continue to be a part of the universe moving forward.