Toby Kebbell, Tatiana Maslany, Scoot McNairy, Bradley Whitford, Sebastian Stan and Jade Pettyjohn round out the supporting cast.

The first official trailer for Destroyer was released Wednesday.

The film follows LAPD detective Erin Bell (Nicole Kidman), who had previously been assigned to go undercover with a gang in California on a mission that concluded with tragic results. Many years later, the leader of the gang re-emerges, which forces Erin to visit former members of the gang to confront her past and overcome demons that still haunt her.

Toby Kebbell, Tatiana Maslany, Scoot McNairy, Bradley Whitford, Sebastian Stan and Jade Pettyjohn round out the cast. Karyn Kusama directed the film, while Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi penned the script.

The trailer opens with Erin walking through a snow-covered area as she carries her daughter on her back. A voiceover explains that she has spent her life feeling "jealous, hungry, scared," but that she is determined to "find something decent. Something good."

Erin is reminded of her past as an undercover gang member when she and her coworkers come across a dead man with red circle welts on the back of his neck and paper money that is tainted with blood. The evidence left behind from the murder tip her off that her former criminal nemesis, Silas (Kebbel), is back.

"I'm mad. I'm still mad. It's parked a circuit in my brain," Erin told her daughter, Shelby (Pettyjohn), about her troubled past.

A montage of action shots follow, including Erin entering a bank with a loaded gun, stealing money, physically fighting people and shoving a woman into the trunk of a car.

The trailer comes full circle when Erin is once again seen walking through the snow with her daughter on her back. "I just want to do one good thing," she said.

The film will be distributed by indie producer Annapurna Pictures. The company recently made headlines when its film head Chelsea Barnard abruptly exited and it dropped two films — the star-studded Gretchen Carlson and Roger Ailes movie and Jennifer Lopez's stripper film based on the New York magazine piece "The Hustlers at Scores."

Annapurna Pictures operations are currently under review by an executive dispatched by founder Megan Ellison's father, Oracle founder Larry Ellison, after it was believed she wasn't running "a financially responsible organization," according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Destroyer premiered at the Telluride Film Festival in August. The cop thriller will make its theatrical debut Dec. 25.

Watch the full trailer above.