Nick Fury and Maria Hill return in a new set video from Spider-Man: Far From Home. However Avengers 4 concludes next year, one thing is abundantly clear (even if Marvel doesn’t want to admit it) - those who were dusted in Avengers: Infinity War are coming back to life. Tom Holland’s Peter Parker may have had the most emotional death, but his sequel is one of the biggest pieces of evidence that he and others are going to return.

It was previously reported that a few other dusted characters were coming back for Far From Home. Fury and Hill were the last ones to go in Infinity War, but it was reported that both Samuel L. Jackson and Cobie Smulders would be returning as well. That was not confirmed by Marvel, even though Jackson's social media indicated it was true, but it is confirmed now through a brand new set video.

Thanks to Uhtred101, a set video from Spider-Man: Far From Home shows Jackson and Smulders on set, confirming their roles in the film. The context of the scene isn't clear, only that the two S.H.I.E.L.D. agents are both talking about something. Hill appears to get some alert on her phone that Fury doesn't look to appreciate, so something may be going wrong with what they're planning. Additionally, a set photo posted by Reddit user Biloo84 offers a better look at Jackson and Smulders on set in their Fury and Hill costumes.

Fury and Hill's involvement in Far From Home, while now confirmed, isn't any more clear. Many believe they're using Spider-Man to track down an international case, so the mission going wrong could be what Fury is reacting to. Spider-Man could've failed to achieve the goals within the mission for instance. Whatever the case may be, their first mission since returning doesn't appear to be going according to plan. This video doesn't shine anymore light on how they factor into the story or how large their roles are.

The other noticeable aspect of the video is the lack of S.H.I.E.L.D. logos on either of them. Neither of them appeared to be working for S.H.I.E.L.D. in Infinity War's post-credits scene, but it was largely thought that their returns in Phase 4 indicated a revitalized spy organization. If S.H.I.E.L.D. is back, they are taking a more under-the-radar approach than before, as Hill specifically had a S.H.I.E.L.D. logo on her shoulder before. Fury isn't one for branding, but his typical all-black attire and eye-patch have returned. Now that both Jackson and Smulders are filming, hopefully it won't be too long before some much needed context on Spider-Man: Far From Home arrives.

Release Dates:

• Captain Marvel (2019) release date: Mar 08, 2019
  • The Avengers 4 / Untitled Avengers Movie (2019) release date: May 03, 2019
  • Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) release date: Jul 05, 2019