I have a bad feeling director Mark Waters’ “Vampire Academy” is going to suffer the same fate as “The Mortal Instruments” and “Beautiful Creatures” — that is, another movie based on a popular YA book series that’s going to go down in flames at the box office. Which might be a shame — and I stress MIGHT — because from the looks of it, “Vampire Academy” (despite the rather uninteresting title) actually looks like it’s bucking some trends. Or at least, it seems to be in on the joke. I could be wrong, of course.

Here’s the latest poster for the movie. And watch the trailer again, in case you missed it the first time ’round. Happens. People get busy. Laundries need doing. Et cetera.

Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir: half human/vampire, guardians of the Moroi, peaceful, mortal vampires living discretely within our world. Her legacy is to protect the Moroi from bloodthirsty, immortal Vampires, the Strigoi. This is her story.

Starring Zoey Deutch, Lucy Fry, Danila Kozlovsky, Olga Kurylenko, Sami Gayle, and Cameron Monaghan.

Sucking at school next year, February 14, 2014.

http://cms.springboard.gorillanation...o/776623/0/0/1