The upcoming Friday the 13th movie may not feature Jason Voorhees, the film’s producer said.

At the TCA press tour, Brad Fuller said he wasn’t sure what version of Jason — if any — the next installment would have.

“I don’t know because I don’t know if we’re going to have Jason,” Fuller told Crave Online. “I don’t know which Jason we’re going to have. I can tell you this: I love Derek Mears, I love working with him and he’s a dream so we’d be lucky to have him.”

Mears played Jason in the 2009 Friday the 13th remake. Although it was met with mostly negative reviews, it earned $19 million in its opening weekend, breaking two records in the process. It is currently the second-highest grossing film in the franchise with $91 million in the worldwide box office. The highest-grossing was the 2003 crossover Freddy vs. Jason, which earned $113 million worldwide.

“I think if we’re going to go for a Jason Voorhees we would go with Derek [rather than Kane Hodder, who played Jason in four films]. He’s our guy,” Fuller added. “Now it’s a matter of getting a script that we all love, that we feel like we can execute in a great way. That’s always the battle, isn’t it?”

Fuller also said the next film might use a found footage format, a la The Blair Witch Project.

“[It's] something that we’re looking at, yeah. I never know because it depends on the story and what the story is,” he said. “It’s been reported, that’s something that we’re looking into but I can’t tell you definitively that that’s what the movie is.”

Fuller also said that he knows some fans don’t like the found footage format, and that it was unclear at the moment what the next film would be about.

“I think for us it’s more about what the story is and what’s the best way to tell it,” he said. “Until we figure out exactly what the story is for the next Friday the 13th movie, I can’t tell you what it’s going to be.”

Friday the 13th will be released March 13, 2015.