IMAX is hosting a major fan event in anticipation of Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them today. At the start, Warner Bros. dropped a new video, which features footage from the Harry Potter spinoff, as well as some insights from screenwriter J.K. Rowling, including the reveal that we're going to learn about a part of magical history that's referenced in the previous books. Could that be Gellert Grindelwald? Watch the video below, and we'll dig a bit deeper after...

Per J.K. Rowling in the new video:

In Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, you're learning about a part of history that's talked about in the Potter books, but you never see.

As she says that, the screen flashes to this headline...

This isn't the first time we've heard the name Grindelwald in a Fantastic Beasts video, but Rowling's comments attached to the reference do suggest that the dark wizard is going to be relevant. It's evident that there are a couple of big things going on in Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. Set in the 1920s, the story follows magizoologist, Newt Scamander as he arrives in New York for what's supposed to be a quick trip. When his creatures get loose, he has to stay behind and deal with the mess. But it's also teased in the trailers that there are muggles (no-majes) out there professing the existence of witches and wizards, and calling for another witch hunt. So not only is this movie introducing new characters, but there are a few events playing out at once.

Gellert Grindelwald would be one more (fairly sizable) layer to this story, which already seems brimming with excitement. So I'd be wary of speculating that we might actually see more than a glimpse of Gellert Grindelwald in the first Fantastic Beasts movie. With that said, the mention of his name, added some other things J.K. Rowling said in the video, it seems like a fair theory to say that they're setting up a bigger story here...

There are ways in which we connect to the Potter books, that I think people will find surprising. They're talking about the first time a wizard rose and threatened a world order. This was always where I was interested in going. This is what I wanted to do.

Of the major things we know about Gellert Grindelwald, he was once friends with and then a major foe of Albus Dumbledore. The two once shared a common interest seeking out the Deathly Hallows, and in ending the International Statute of Secrecy, so that wizards and muggles could co-exist out in the open (with wizards on top, obviously).

During the fan event, David Yates confirmed that Grindelwald will be in the background of Fantastic Beasts, and it sounds like he'll be featured more later.

And finally, J.K. Rowling joined the stage, and after mentioning Dumbledore and Grindelwald, announced that Fantastic Beasts will be FIVE movies! Five. This certainly firms up our theory (and hope!) that Fantastic Beasts would be brewing a bigger story beyond the first film.

Fantastic Beast and Where To Find Them arrives in theaters November 18.