The streamer apologized for "an internal miscommunication" that led to the film appearing on its upcoming schedule.

Netflix does not plan to stream a documentary about Louis Farrakhan, the black nationalist leader who heads the Nation of Islam and who has been branded as anti-Semitic by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

The film, listed under the title The Honourable Minister Louis Farrakhan: My Life’s Journey Through Music, appeared on some published lists of upcoming programming debuting in August on the streamer.

On his Twitter feed Monday, Farrakhan posted, “On August 1st, watch the premiere of my music documentary “My Life’s Journey Through Music” on @ netflix."

But on Tuesday, as the doc began to attract criticism, a Netflix spokesman issued a statement saying, “This film will not be released on Netflix. Due to an internal miscommunication, it appeared to be scheduled for release on Netflix, but it is not. We apologize for any confusion this has caused.”

The film, which does not appear on IMDb, was apparently produced in 2013 under the title Let's Save the World, with Farrakhan's son Joshua serving as executive producer. The website The Final Call, founded by Farrakhan, described a 2014 screening of the biographical documentary in Detroit at the Nation's annual Saviours' Day Convention during which "[c]lapping and cheering filled the air...as the documentary chronicled the musicians and entertainers who worked with the Minister on the recording of his full length album." The doc reportedly featured such artists as Stephanie Mills and Stevie Wonder, among many others.

A Netflix screening would have coincided with the release of $250 seven-CD boxed set of music, called Let's Changed the World, that Farrakhan is promoting as a fund-raiser to help further promote his teachings.

Following Farrakhan's own tweets about the film, other websites began picking up on the airing, with, for example, the National Review leading off a story by writing, "Netflix will begin offering a film chronicling the life of Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan on August 1 despite the activist's penchant for resorting to anti-semitic and anti-gay slurs."