A NEW Netflix original starring Sandra Bullock is terrifying viewers with its supernatural hauntings in a post-apocalyptic world.

Horror film Bird Box has been getting rave reviews since its release on December 21.

Despite not being Christmassy at all, this festive fear film has got everyone scared out of their wits.

One viewer said: "What f***ed up person thought to write the script for Bird Box!!!!!! I’m terrified lmao."

Another added: "Watching Netflix Bird Box I’m legit terrified."

Someone else said: "Birdbox got me feelin like a dumb*** cus now i’m scared to walk around my house with my eyes open."

Actress Sandra plays a mum-of-two living in a post-apocalyptic world under the threat of something supernatural.

The film's synopsis explains: "Five years after an ominous unseen presence drives most of society to suicide, a survivor and her two children make a desperate bid to reach safety."

She lives with her windows covered up at home and only goes outside wearing a blindfold until they get a chance of freedom.

But if they open their eyes, they'll be infected with something that will force them to violently kill themselves.

It is based on a 2014 novel by Josh Malerman and directed by Susanne Bier.

The film also features actress Sarah Paulson known from her role in American Horror Story.

Netflix fans questioned why the streaming site failed to make it a series because of how good it is.

One said: "#Netflix should produce an original Netflix series for ‘bird box’!!!"

Another added: "Can we get a #birdbox series or a part two or something shit I got so many unanswered questions @netflix."