Naomie Harris has spoken about the future of the James Bond franchise and the plans for her character Moneypenny.

Harris worked with Daniel Craig and director Sam Mendes on the last Bond film, Skyfall, and told Total Film that the next film in the series - titled Bond 24 - would pick up the same plot threads.

"I feel like Skyfall is one part of a continuing story," she said. "It needs completing and it needs the same storyteller." Discussing working with Craig again, meanwhile, she added: "I really got on with Daniel. It would be strange if someone else took the role. He's a brilliant Bond for our times. And I'm so relieved [about Mendes returning]. He chose me and had a vision for my character.

"I'd feel really weird working for someone who hadn't chosen me and didn't have that vision. I just want him to see it through."

Bond producers Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli have set a release date of October 23, 2015 for the next film in the series, with Skyfall co-writer John Logan on board again to pen the screenplay. Though the forthcoming film will be Craig's fourth appearance as 007, he'll still trail Roger Moore, who starred in seven Bond films between 1973 and 1985, and Sean Connery, who notched up six Bond appearances between 1962 and 1971. Pierce Brosnan has also played Bond four times, beginning in 1995 and ending in 2002.