'I kind of am with everyone else in the waiting game,' Collins tells MTV News of production on 'City of Ashes.'

NEW YORK — Fans of the "Mortal Instruments" series may want to brace themselves. Numerous outlets have reported that the sequel to "City of Bones" was set to restart production in 2014, after being postponed due to poor performance at the box office. So when we spoke to the film's lead actress, Lily Collins, we asked her for an update.

But Collins seemed to have a different take when MTV News posed the question on the red carpet at Glamour magazine's Women of the Year Awards in New York City.

Lily Collins Is Waiting For A 'Mortal Instruments' Sequel
"We don't know that," Collins told us about whether she was excited for production to begin on the second installment of the "Instruments" series, "City of Ashes." "Well, there is a lot of conversation still going on," she clarified. "I don't know anything else; I kind of am with everyone else in the waiting game."

But Collins admitted she's eager to get back into character as Clary Fray, the heroine of author Cassandra Clare's YA series. "I love the stories, I love Clary, we love the cast — I just have no clue," the actress said. "I think I'm like all the fans going, 'So, what's happening?' But you know they will be the first ones to figure it out when we do. You never know, right?"

Collins starred alongside Jamie Campbell Bower in the first film, and it was reported that veteran actress Sigourney Weaver would join the cast, playing the leader of the Shadowhunters, a secret race of warriors who hunt demons. The fate of "City of Ashes" remains to be seen now.