Cannes rolled the red carpet out at the Carlton Hotel for TV from the LGBTQ, disabled and minority communities.

The TV biz tipped its hat to diversity on Tuesday night in Cannes as the BBC drama The Boy With the Topknot won for best race and ethnicity scripted series at the Diversify TV Excellence Awards.

The best non-scripted race and diversity unscripted show honors went to PBS' Against All Odds: The Fight for a Black Middle Class, on which prominent African-Americans recall their experience of economic and social prejudice.

In the LBGTQ categories, the best scripted series prize went to Home and Away, the Aussie soap produced by Seven Studios Australia for Seven Networks Australia and where a kiss between two teenage boys provided a landmark TV moment for the iconic series.

The non-scripted series prize went to Viceland's My House, for highlighting queer and trans people of color on the Viceland channel, while the award for best kids program went to First Day, an Australian live-action drama for ABC ME about Hannah, played by transgender actor Evie Macdonald, who is transitioning to high school and also coming out as transgender in a girl's school uniform.

Elsewhere, in the disability categories, the Finnish comedy Blind Donna, produced by Production House for Yle, won for best scripted series, and the non-scripted series prize went to BBC's Different Like Me, which lightheartedly points to barriers disabled people face every day.

To qualify for the Diversify Awards, TV shows have to reflect race and ethnicity, LGBTQ or disabled communities and have aired on a linear or digital platform.