CELEBRITY First Dates viewers were left shocked this evening as Melinda Messenger’s date revealed he photographed her wedding.

The former glamour model, 47, was paired with Chris Harding on tonight’s special for Stand Up For Cancer and it turns out he used to be celebrity photographer and captured her wedding to Wayne Roberts back in 1998.

Walking into the restaurant, Chris instantly recognised her but Melinda struggled to place him.

In a very awkward moment he revealed that he snapped her wedding back in the day when he used to work for OK! Magazine.

Those watching at home were left cringing by the whole situation and took to Twitter to comment on it.

One person remarked: “What's the most awkward thing that can happen on a first date?? ............. I photographed your wedding cringe! #firstdates.”

And another said: “Why did he bring the wedding up #FirstDates #SU2C ."

While a further added: “He photographed her wedding... talk about awkward #FirstDates.”

Surprisingly the situation didn’t put Melinda, who got divorced in 2012, off at all and the pair are in fact still dating.

The mum-of-three has been dating Chris for three months and told the Mirror: “I had never given up hope of finding love but I stopped looking for it.

“I thought I am fine as I am and I am happy as I am and when it happens then I am happy. It’s only when I got to that point then sure enough, it happened.”

The pair even attended a celebrity event together earlier this month, looking very loved up.

A source close to the couple said Melinda said: “She is just going with the flow for now and waiting to see what happens.

"They both share the same kind of sense of humour and they seem really happy together when they go out."

Melinda has been single since she parted ways with Warren Smith, her coach on The Jump, last November.