If a Hulk standalone movie were to happen, actor Mark Ruffalo would like it to spread an eco-friendly message.

Speaking with Total Film during the Sundance Film Festival, the Avengers star elaborated on his potential to raise awareness of issues that are important to him, namely fracking, sustainability, practical and cost-effective environmental change.

"As artists we have an ability to reach a lot of people in a deep way, and we have a responsibility," Ruffalo said. "What we have to do as storytellers is to take science and make it relatable.

"I think we have to tell the story of the positive and what we're going to try to do. Give them alternatives but don't make it a polemic."

He added: "I'm in The Avengers, but if you took my screentime it would come to about ten minutes, along with the 12 other people I'm sharing the screen with, so my input's kind of limited on that. But if we get to a standalone Hulk movie, I'll have a much better chance to do that. I'm just learning now how to find my voice and bring it into the studio world."

Ruffalo will next be seen as the big green dude in 2015's Marvel's The Avengers: Age of Ultron. Last October, Marvel boss Kevin Feige said we can expect a lot more of him in Joss Whedon's sequel, noting that the first movie secured him as a fan favourite.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/01/17...n-conversation