Lindsay Lohan resents the fact that her troublesome past prevents her from being considered for blockbuster gigs, such as titular role in DC’s Batgirl. The actress rose to fame during the late 1990s and early 2000s by starring in movies such as The Parent Trap and Freaky Friday, among others, though her biggest and most famous movie to date is still 2004’s Mean Girls. She played Cady Heron in the teen comedy opposite Rachel McAdams, Lizzy Caplan, and Tina Fey.

A potential Mean Girls sequel is routinely broached by reporters whenever one of the movie’s main stars is interviewed, and while many people involved with the original film are interested in making a follow-up, Lohan has other roles on her mind right now, such as Batgirl. The actress surprised people last week when she threw her hat into the ring to play Barbara Gordon, aka Batgirl, in Joss Whedon’s upcoming DCEU movie. Lohan may have been immediately shrugged off as a potential candidate, but she wants people to know she’s serious.

RELATED: JOSS WHEDON STILL ATTACHED TO BATGIRL

ADVERTISING [X]

In a recent appearance on The Wendy Williams Show, Lindsay Lohan expressed resentment about her past interfering with her potential to be considered for major movie roles, such as Batgirl.

“I don’t like when people always bring up and rehash the past. This is actually quite a long time ago if you think about it now. And I would rather just stay focused on what I want to do next. And whenever people bring up the past, things I’ve experienced and gone through – jail and working at the morgue, which is actually really traumatizing stuff… I’ve learned my lessons. But then it distracts from actually maybe meeting with people to do Batgirl or maybe doing a Mean Girls 2. It really distracts people. They only think about the negative, and I don’t think that’s a way to move forward in life.”

Batgirl Gail Simone Cover Lindsay Lohan Voices Interest in Batgirl Role Again
Aside from Lohan’s troubled past, one major thing preventing her from being considered for Batgirl is that Whedon once said he wants to cast an unknown actress in the role (or, at least, a relatively unknown star). Lohan is the polar opposite of unknown, and her past, unfortunately, does having something to do with that. Then again, if she somehow is cast as Batgirl and knocks the role out the park, it wouldn’t be the first time that an actor or actress has turned out their career (and public image) thanks to a comic book movie role; just look at Robert Downey Jr.

Although no official information has been revealed about Batgirl, the film was confirmed to be on Warner Bros.’ DCEU slate at SDCC 2017, which means progress is being made behind the scenes and that it should go into development sometime in the near future.