DELUSIONAL Liam Payne has revealed he wants to be the next James Bond in his most ridiculous interview ever.

The One Direction star, 25, says he is vying to replace Daniel Craig – and join the likes of Idris Elba, Tom Hiddleston and Richard Madden as a contender for 007.

And the singer admitted he’d also like a part in a Marvel or super hero blockbuster, as he plans on making a dramatic career change.

Asked about his dream role, he said: “I mean James Bond straight off let’s be honest.

“I love Daniel Craig as Bond, not to say he is the best Bond ever but it’s up for discussion.

“I love super hero films so I’d love to be in a Marvel movie, I’ve always wanted to be super hero since I was a kid and the only way to really do that is to get in the Marvel ranks or the DC ranks.”

He added: “I love the idea of acting. It’s something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time. Singing will always be my first love though.”

It comes after The Sun revealed last month that Liam is making a move into acting – after being tapped up for a singing part in Steven Spielberg’s remake of hit musical West Side Story alongside Ansel Elgort.

The popstar made the comments while filming for the X Factor as a guest judge at Louis Tomlinson’s judge’s house in Ibiza, which will appear on screens this weekend.

However, Liam, who split from Cheryl Tweedy in July, admitted that he hopes his career plans won’t affect their baby Bear.

He said: “The thing is, I feel like Bear’s made me a better person already, which is fantastic.

“I just hope I’m doing the right thing by him. I think I am.”