Manga series My Hero Academia is making the jump to live-action.

Legendary is producing a feature film based on the property, which takes place in a world where 80 percent of people have developed powers, known as quirks. One boy, who has no quirks of his own, obsessively follows the heroes who have emerged, though not everyone uses their powers for good.

Although he has no powers of his own, the boy risks his life to save his friend, earning him attention from the world's greatest hero.

Kohei Horikoshi launched My Hero Academia in 2014, and the series now has 17 million copies in circulation. It also has spawned an anime series, which is in its third season, while an animated feature, My Hero Academia: Two Heroes, was released this year.

Alex Garcia and Jay Ashenfelter will oversee the My Hero Academia movie for Legendary, while Ryosuke Yoritomi will oversee for Shueisha, which publishes the manga. Toho will distribute thefilm in Japan.

Legendary next has the Ryan Reynolds-starring Detective Pikachu in theaters May 10, 2019. Godzilla: King of the Monsters is also on the docket that month, with the sequel set for release May 31. And the crossover Godzilla vs. Kong is set for May 2020.

Live-action manga adaptations have proven difficult to get right; films over the past few years that have faltered with critics include Scarlett Johansson's controversial Ghost in the Shell and Netflix's Death Note. Robert Rodriguez's Alita: Battle Angel is the next manga live-action adaptation to hit, and is set for Feb. 14, 2019.