Nate Wells, the art director behind hit titles like BioShock Infinite, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and The Last of Us, has joined OtherSide Entertainment to work on Underworld Ascendant.

OtherSide was recently formed by the creative team behind Ultima Underworld, and seeks to create a spiritual successor to the beloved role-playing series with Underworld Ascendant.

In addition to having worked at Naughty Dog, Crystal Dynamics, and Irrational Games, Wells also spent time at LookingGlass on Thief and System Shock 2 with Paul Neurath, who is now the co-founder of OtherSide.

"I'm thrilled to be working with Nate again," Neurath said in a statement. "Nate showed huge promise at LookingGlass early in his career, and it's wonderful to see how he has grown into a supremely talented art director."

Wells also spoke to his new job at OtherSide, saying: "Paul was my first boss nearly 20 years ago, so there is a feeling of coming full-circle. I’m excited to be working with veterans on a sequel that is long overdue."

Last month, IGN's Jared Petty got a chance to check out Underworld Ascendant. Here are his early impressions of the upcoming RPG.