Kate Hudson has revealed her secrets for a happy relationship.

The 35-year-old actress has two children with Muse frontman Matt Bellamy.

And although both of them have hectic work schedules, Kate says their priority is always to spend as much time together as possible.

“We are not that long distance. And we both travel for work. How I make it work is we try not to spend too much time apart,” she told Women’s Health magazine. “We try not to spend more than two weeks apart. When you have kids it kind of goes without saying. You don’t want to be away from your kids for more than two weeks.

“And we travel together and we again it’s one of those things we are lucky to not have to do the real long distance thing. To me I think when women who have children are fighting overseas, that’s long distance. And that’s very challenging. I really honour those families that do that.”

When they do get to spend time together, there’s nothing Kate and Matt like more than a good old date night.

Their favourite activities are going to the cinema, heading out for a meal or just spending time in bed.

“We do our date nights. And we are lucky to be able to have the ability to take time with each other and make sure we have that time with each other,” she said. “So date nights for us are all over. From a movie, to dinner, to just not leaving our bed, to concerts. We like our dates.”

Kate has just finished working on new movie Rock the Kasbah alongside Bruce Willis, Bill Murray and Taylor Kinney.

While the list of Kate’s co-stars would leave any woman green with envy, she said there are still a few names she hopes to be able to work with at some point in the future.

“I think the three guys that I think would be fun to work with and would be challenging to work with and have a blast,” she said. “I’d say Bradley Cooper, cause he is just so much fun. I’d also say, Michael Fassbender, he is also a lot of fun and obviously they are incredibly talented. There are so many. Leonardo DiCaprio, I would love to work with Leo.”