But the film will prove he's still a 'good kid,' director Jon Chu says.

That's a wrap! Director Jon Chu tweeted that he's finished work on "Believe," the latest big-screen blockbuster that pulls back the curtain on Justin Bieber.

With only five weeks until the film's Christmas Day opening , Chu (who also worked with the pop star on 2011's "Never Say Never") explained what Beliebers will learn about the 19-year-old from the flick. And that includes the singer addressing all the tabloid rumors and gossip that surround his very public life.

Selfie of us finishing up @JustinBieber 's #BelieveMovie !!! And for the record... It's NOT in 3D http://t.co/1zrEh7zlGq

— Jon M. Chu (@jonmchu) November 17, 2013
"I got both sides. I got the side when I wasn't around him to read these stories and be like 'That doesn't sound like him.' And I got the side of when I actually was with him and seeing these reports come out," Chu recalled of filming with Bieber. "A lot of them just not true and it mostly made me feel like, made me question how we get our news and how we get our media more than anything else. But, that said, I think being around him it showed me the character he has, the tough character he has."

Justin Bieber's Believe
Over the course of the last year, Bieber has made quite a few headlines, and they aren't all about his breakup with Selena Gomez. He's gotten a lot of attention for scuffles he's gotten into with the paparazzi, fighting with his neighbors and, most recently, a spate of headlines he made while touring in South America, including catching the eye of the police over his graffiti.

"When he makes a mistake, he realizes it," Chu said. "And he corrects himself and he is open to people telling him, 'You made a mistake.' But at the same time he's not doing... all these things that people interpret aren't what they are. And I think you get some of those true stories and you get to experience from his side what sometimes what actually happens. It's crazy how fast we get our information now and how inaccurate it can be sometimes. So we get to explore a little bit of that. Not saying he's a perfect kid, but he's a good kid. This is why I would do this movie."

But, Chu notes that Bieber's youth doesn't serve as an excuse for his sometimes bad-boy behavior. "We tell him that's not an excuse being 19, but it is in our own heads it is. You are young. I think in this movie, you get to be with him I'm those moments; you get to experience actually how hard it is and how well he's doing for the situations that he's in. He never complains," he said. "I ask him in the movie, 'Are you sad sometimes?' [He says,] 'Yeah, I'm sad sometimes'," he teased. "But he's like, 'I cannot complain. Like, I have an amazing life and I have great friends and I'm very, very blessed. I should never be sad.'"

The movie not only includes candid interviews with Bieber and Chu, who says that this is "definitely a more grown-up" than "Never Say Never," but also the spectacle of his Believe tour and the message Bieber hopes to spread with it.

"Well, he's definitely more in control of his own show now. He wanted to take his Beliebers on an adventure," he said of the show footage. "So everything had to have this magical adventure feel to it. They could believe in anything, and anything is possible."