Bryce Dallas Howard discusses the end of her dinosaur journey with Jurassic World Dominion and says that future films in the Jurassic franchise will introduce a new cast. The first Jurassic Park film was a marvel upon its release back in 1993, introducing audiences to groundbreaking visual and practical effects and kick-starting a franchise that would continue to this day. After two direct sequels, the release of Jurassic World in 2015 acted as a soft reboot for the franchise, introducing new heroes in the form of Chris Pratt's Owen and Howard's Claire.

Jurassic World Dominion, the third film in the Jurassic World series but the sixth in the Jurassic franchise overall, sees Owen and Claire adjusting to a new world order following the events of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. The latest film, which earned mixed reviews from critics but has been a big hit at the box office, brings back original Jurassic Park stars Sam Neill, Laura Dern, and Jeff Goldblum, who help Owen and Claire to take down a corrupt bioengineering corporation. The future of the franchise remains unclear, but Jurassic World Dominion was billed as the "conclusion to the Jurassic era" prior to its release.

In a new interview with People, Howard reflects on how it felt to finish shooting Jurassic World Dominion, confirming that, as far as she's aware, "this is really the end for me." The actor goes on to say that, while she's sad that her journey with the films is over, she's excited and hopes for future installments. Check out Howard's full comment below:

"It's very sad to say goodbye to something so wonderful. But also, I'm very excited for the folks who will carry the Jurassic saga forward, you know? It will be with a largely different cast and all of that, and that's something that is to be celebrated. I know as a fan what I want to see moving forward, and I hope it comes to fruition, I really do."

Interestingly, prior to Jurassic World Dominion's release, Pratt made a comment about the film being the end of the franchise. The actor later walked back those statements, however, and even said he would be open to returning at some point in the franchise's future. Many have theorized that perhaps another prehistoric era, such as the cretaceous era, could be the focus of the next Jurassic film but, right now, it doesn't seem like any concrete plans are in place. Whatever does become of the Jurassic franchise, however, Howard evidently believes she won't be part of it and that a new cast will take the reins for future installments.

Of course, if Howard is right and the next iteration of the franchise involves a new cast, there's always the possibility that Owen and Claire can still return down the line. After all, Jurassic World Dominion hit theaters nearly 30 years after the release of Jurassic Park, and it reunited all three original franchise stars. While the future of the Jurassic franchise will likely become more clear in the coming months, Howard's comments would certainly suggest that fans will be in for another reboot with some fresh faces.