Julia Roberts is the first to admit she’s changed since her early days in Hollywood—and she says it’s for the better.

Roberts, 49, said she was singularly focused during the early stages of her career.

“I was my priority, a selfish little brat running around making films,” she said.

The Oscar-winning actress said she experienced a positive shift in her life after meeting her husband, cinematographer Danny Moder, and becoming a mother.

“It was meeting Danny…finding my person,” she said. “When I think about what makes my life my life, and makes sense and just shine inside of me, it’s him. Everything has come from that for me.”

Roberts and Moder have been married for nearly 15 years and have worked together on several films, including The Mexican, The Normal Heart and Secret in Their Eyes.

“There’s comfort there, but also terror, which is a good combination,” she said of working with her husband. “Terror because the person I want to impress most is looking right at me.”

And when she’s not working, the Pretty Woman star is at home doting on her 12-year-old twins, Hazel and Finn, and 10-year-old son, Henry.

“If I wasn’t here today, I’d be in the carpool lane ferrying my kids to school,” she said.

Over the last few years, Roberts’ dedication to her family has caused her to take a step back from acting.

“If I did much less, I wouldn’t be in the business at all,” she said. “I was saying to my husband the other day that I haven’t worked in almost a year.”