Jay Leno flexed his retired monologue muscles during a session at the Television Critics Association’s press tour on Thursday.

Leno was appearing on a panel to support his CNBC show Jay Leno’s Garage.
The former Tonight Show host made jokes about …
The Republican primary: “It’s interesting watching this whole thing unfold. [Donald Trump] and Jeb Bush are frontrunners. Kind of like the race between the tortoise and the bad hare.”
More on Trump: “[Sen. John] McCain not being a hero? Without McCain the North would have lost the Civil War. And Trump had a medical deferment. He had an inter-rectal cranial inversion — his head was up his ass. There’s a lot of those.”
On Stephen Colbert taking over the CBS Late Show: “The idea of a white guy in late night — this will be revolutionary.”
More seriously on Colbert, Leno added: “I would like to see a bit more diversity … that being said, I think Colbert will be terrific … He’s smart. People think he’s this raging liberal — he teaches Sunday school.”
After the session, Leno spoke to a smaller group of reporters and weighed in on the sexual assault allegations against Bill Cosby.
“Bill Cosby is a wonderful comedian and has always been a nice man, I feel bad about this as anybody does,” Leno said, according to Deadline.com. “But I don’t know how he comes out of it.”
Leno added that he thought Cosby should “admit what went on” and took issue with how the media has handled its coverage of women coming forward to accuse Cosby of sexual abuse.
“Fifty women come forward and [the media] calls them liars, and says ‘Oh, you waited 40 years,’” Leno said. “Men waited 50 years to say that a priest touched them and got $7 million. How can we believe them and not the women? It seems terribly sexist to me.”