James Gunn says Captain America: Civil War is 'one of the best Marvel movies ever'

Apparently, one of the many perks of being a Marvel movie director is getting to see Captain America: Civil War before everyone else. James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy and its upcoming sequel) has seen the film, and he’s not saying much other than to confirm what we all hope — “It’s one of the best Marvel movies ever.”

The writer-director revealed his early reactions during a recent live video Q&A on Facebook. “I saw Civil War and I think it’s incredible,” he said. “It’s one of the best Marvel movies ever, and I can’t believe what a wonderful job [directors Joe and Anthony Russo] did. And the cast. Oh my God, they’re so good. So it’s an amazing film and people are going to be really excited to see that come summertime.”

Obviously, he couldn’t delve into spoiler territory, but he praised the work of Tom Holland, the newly minted Spider-Man making his MCU debut in Civil War. “I’m trying to think about what is cool to say or not. But I will say this one thing. Tom Holland is…off-the-charts awesome. Off. The. Charts. Awesome. Off the charts. Truly. Hand to my heart, he’s amazing.”

After directing The Winter Soldier for Marvel, the Russo brothers return as helmers of Civil War before eventually tackling the two-part Avengers: Infinity War. Another international incident prompts the governments of the world to pass harsher restrictions on Earth’s heroes, prompting the team to take sides in a battle against each other.

The Civil War will commence in theaters on May 6. You can see Gunn’s full Q&A at his Facebook page.
Source: Entertainment Weekly

For some reason, the Captain America movies are some of my least favorite... maybe I should re-watch them...