HARRY Redknapp recalled the horror moment that he ran over his wife in front of their granddaughter in tonight's I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!.

The football manager was navigating a 4x4 as part of a task while his teammate Nick Knowles did the driving.

Harry and Nick formed the Red Team alongside Sair Khan and John Barrowman, and had to race the Yellow Team - made up of Fleur East, Anne Hegerty, James McVey, and Rita Simons - up a sandy track as well as retrieve five tokens.

As the DIY SOS star steered, Harry, 71, shared: "I used to think I was a good driver but I had a nightmare and ran over my wife one day.

"She got out the car and I thought she’d crossed the road and I pulled forward and she fell into the road and a bus stopped literally yards away and the most amazing part of the story probably, my grand-daughter is sitting on top of the bus and sees all of this.

"Unreal."

Harry married his wife Sandra in 1967 and the pair have two sons together, footballer-turned-pundit Jamie, and model Mark.

This is not the first time that the star has opened up about the freak accident, previously admitting that he "thought he'd lost" Sandra during an appearance on Good Morning Britain.

Explaining how the incident happened, Harry said at the time that he had just dropped Sandra off at the shops in his Range Rover.

He said that he thought she had already crossed the road when he pulled the motor forward – but the traffic had slowed down and he ran "straight across the side of her ankle".

Harry said: "I thought a car had hit her.

"I heard her scream. I didn’t realise it was me.

"She seemed to have lost all her energy. It slaughtered me to see her not well."

Following the 2016 incident, Sandra was pictured looking tired and pale as she emerged from Poole Hospital in Dorset with her right leg in plaster.

Harry was handed an enormous £500,000 to take part in this year's series of I'm A Celeb, where he is joined by the likes of Emily Atack and Malique Thompson-Dwyer.

As well as the celebs, tonight also saw Declan Donnelly's new co-host, Holly Willoughby, make her jungle debut - and she went down well with viewers at home.

Earlier today Holly revealed the first look at the I'm A Celebrity camp ahead of the launch show.

She shared the behind-the-scenes snaps with Dec.

Dec, 43, also posted the pictures online and told his followers: "Showing the new girl around camp!

"Not hanging around though, got some new camp mates ready to move in."

Holly beamed for the camera as she posed with the Geordie star by the camp fire.

The 37-year-old wrote next to her pictures: "Welcome to the jungle!

"Had a little tour around camp... mind blown! Need to get a wriggle on we’ve got new camp mates to move in!"

Holly is standing in for Ant McPartlin on this year’s series after he took an extended break from the spotlight.

But while she jumped at the chance to work on the show with Dec, Holly hasn’t been having the best time with some of the critters.

Yesterday she narrowly avoided two deadly snakes on her first day filming in the jungle.

And jungle medic Bob told The Sun that the mum-of-three is "more terrified of jungle critters than all the stars".

He explained: "All I have to do is talk to her and look at the floor and she goes: 'What’s on the floor?'

"'What are you looking at the floor for?' When they do the trials I think they need a camera just on Holly because she’ll be squirming."

Bushtucker Trials chief Matt Wilkinson also said that he saw Holly jump out of her skin when she saw a leaf on her leg.