I'M A Celebrity fans got very excited at the sight of Harry Redknapp in his pants during Saturday night’s episode.

The former football manager, 71, paid tribute to former campmate Nick Knowles who took a liking to wearing a pair of very tight red budgie smugglers around the Australian jungle.

DIY SOS host Nick, 56, was often seen wearing a pair of Speedos which left very little to the imagination by clinging to his package as he washed in the shower or carried out different chores, such as collect water for the famous contestants.

And sporting legend Harry did his own special take on Nick’s smalls in a giant pair of Lycra pants for the Celebrity Cyclone challenge, which appeared to delight the audience at home.

One delighted viewer tweeted: "Harry Redknapp in pants and a cape doing celebrity cyclone is what I’ve waited my entire life for."

Another remarked: "Never did I think I'd witness Harry Redknapp been pulled up a waterslide by a cloak whilst wearing hot pants. Wonderful!"

And another fan noted: "You can see where Harry is hiding his nuts in those pants!"

While Harry’s giant briefs were similar in shape and colour to Nick’s infamous smalls, he actually compared them to his wife Sandra’s knickers.

But all that came crashing down this evening, when the 71-year-old told the show's millions of viewers that Sandra owns some absolutely enormous pants.

Harry dropped the Sandra underwear clanger after pulling out the oversized pants the campmates had to wear for the gruelling Celebrity Cyclone task.

He overshared: "To be honest with you, when I first married Sandra she had bigger knickers than this."

The football legend then added: "They were these great big ones."

It was in sharp contrast to last night's tearjerking episode, where Harry was reunited with his wife of more than half a century, whispering: "I love you so much."

And fans predicted he might now be in a spot of bother with the sainted Sandra.

One wrote: "I wish I could see Sandra’s reaction right now! Not sure that Jam Roly Poly will be waiting for u anymore."

Another tweeted: "I can’t believe Harry Redknapp has told the entire nation about his wife’s knickers 😩😂😂."

A third said: "And Now Sandra is filing for divorce from Harry Redknapp" while another predicted: "Sandra's gonna kill him when he gets out!!"

While Harry may have told the I'm A Celeb audience about Sandra's underwear, the nation saw Nick's - and he recently joked it may have damaged his future prospects.

Speaking to Scarlett Moffatt on I’m A Celebrity: Extra Camp, Nick said: "I have to explain this, because that was one of the first things my boys said when I got out. They said 'Dad, seriously what the hell?'

“I made the mistake of taking in white underpants. The trouble is the red shorts and trousers we wear, they’re dyed red by the programme - they are not naturally red. So the first time you get wet it dyes all of your underwear.

"I looked like I was wearing underwear and I had been in a car accident, so I couldn't wear my underwear anymore.

"The only thing I had was those, and after three days everything was soaking wet so I thought, 'Oh sod it.'"

And John may want to be careful with his choice of clothing as Nick claims wearing his Speedos in the jungle put paid to one of his major career ambitions – releasing his own calendar.

The sometime crooner, who released a country album with Universal Records last year and scored a number one with one of his songs whilst in Australia filming the show, is not convinced people will see him as a hunk now.

A downbeat Nick told The Sun: “It’s now about as likely as a second album.”