Hugh Jackman is on his way to Neverland.

The "Wolverine" actor has been cast as the nefarious Blackbeard in Warner Bros.' live-action Peter Pan film, due to hit theaters on July 17, 2015. No word yet on who will play the title role, but Garrett Hedlund is Garrett Hedlund is reportedly in talks to star as Hook.

"Atonement" and "Pride & Prejudice" helmer Joe Wright is set to direct the pic, which has yet to nail down an official title (it is currently referred to as "Pan" on IMDb) but is based on the characters from J.M. Barrie's beloved stories. Jason Fuchs ("Ice Age: Continental Drift") wrote the screenplay.

Jackman made waves last year as a desperate dad looking for his missing child in Warner Bros.' "Prisoners" and is set to return to the superhero world when "X-Men: Days of Future Past" hits theaters this summer. Currently, the actor is filming the action thriller "Chappie" with "Elysium" director Neill Blomkamp.

Speaking with MTV News late last year, Jackman confessed that "Days of Future Past" could be his last outing as Wolverine.

"It may be the last," he said. "By the way, it didn't hit me until three weeks before the end [of shooting 'X-Men: Days of Future Past], because we promoted 'The Wolverine' and I came back on set with three weeks to go, and that's when I went, 'Well, who knows? Maybe there's no more Wolverine. Maybe this is it. Who knows? Maybe.' So I really made the most of those last few weeks. I enjoyed every time I put the claws on."